A Time to Hustle & A Time to Stroll
Read time: 3 minutes
We’ve added quite a few new subscribers this week.
So if you’re new to Reagan’s Roundup, welcome!
A few quick things before we get into this issue:
- First, I’m finishing up final edits on my Redeeming Productivity book this week. We’re aiming for a release date of October 4th. So stay tuned for more on that in the coming days!
- Second, I was on the Kings & Priests podcast this week talking about productivity and business. I especially enjoyed the part of the conversation where we talked about Christians and ambition.
- Last, we’re planning to reopen enrollment for Redeeming Productivity Academy next month. So, if you’re interested in joining us, make sure you’re on the waitlist.
Now, let’s get into the Roundup!
✨ New on Redeeming Productivity
✍️ A Time to Hustle & A Time to Stroll (4 mins)
There's a time to hustle. But there's also a time to stroll—to slow down, rest, and simply enjoy God and His creation. In this article, I explore the wisdom of embracing productivity in its different paces.
🎙You’re Only Human with Kelly Kapic (50 mins)
In this episode, I’m joined by Dr. Kelly Kapic. Dr. Kapic is the author of You’re Only Human: How Your Limits Reflect God’s Design and Why That’s Good News. We talk about how often our thinking about productivity does not take our finitude into account, how love is one of the most inefficient things you can do, and why our expectations for what we can get done in a day are so out of whack.
Make sure you're subscribed to the Redeeming Productivity Show so you don't miss an episode.
Book Review: A Student’s Guide to Gaming (4 mins)
A very kind review of my book on gaming from a dear friend and a true expert on these things.
(Dan Crabtree / The Cripplegate)
Minimal Printable Calendars
Stumbled across these nice minimal calendars you can download and print for free.
The Joy of Forgetting What You Need To Remember (3 mins)
“Ultimately, a strong system of productivity isn’t necessarily meant to help you do more, but to ease your mind, to calm your heart, to allow you to have confidence that your system is good enough, perfected enough, robust enough to grant you the joy of forgetting what you need to remember.”
What’s Best Next is on Sale for $3.99 on Kindle
If you’ve never read Matt Perman’s book on the gospel and personal productivity, now’s a great chance to pick it up. It’s just $3.99 on Kindle, currently.
Serving Others with Our Schedule (4 mins)
Some great thoughts about how to think about scheduling as a Christian.
“If we are only serving ourselves in our life, then we are clearly sinning against God. And sometimes how we plan out our schedules can be an expression of selfishness without us realizing it.”
(Micah Anglo / The Contenders)
You Don’t Need to be on Social Media to Make a Difference in the World (2 mins)
“There are countless ways to make a positive difference in the world—and social media is rarely required for any of them.”
(Joshua Becker / Becoming Minimalist)
I’m really excited about this issue’s sponsor. Spirit Notes is by far the coolest sermon note-taking app I’ve ever used.
You’ll be more organized and able to digest your sermon notes better than ever!
Here are just 5 of its unique features:
- Scripture Auto-Complete - Type verses and watch them appear instantly right inside your note. You have to try this to believe it, it’s insane! ✨
- Record & write - Record inside your note, this is great for keeping everything in one place.
- Time-stamping - As you take notes the recording time is saved with your points. Afterward, you can re-listen to the exact time that a point was made and hear the preacher speak the point, no more scrubbing!
- Linked Bible Reader - The Bible reader is linked to all the Bible verses you add to your notes. This allows you to see all the notes you have written about a scripture!
- Christian Organization - Made specifically for Christians with searchable fields for preacher, title, and tags.
Perfect for note-taking in Church, small groups, Bible study, and more.
Learn more about its features or download it for free today!
*To inquire about sponsoring a futures issue of Reagan’s Roundup, just reply to this email.
⌛️That’s All for this Week
Hit reply to send me link suggestions for future issues or just to say hey.
I'll see you next time!